- Proactively and expeditiously identify, diagnose, take corrective action and resolve application system incidents and problems.
- Document, communicate and escalate technical issues, manage to resolution and articulate business impact.
- Conduct root cause analysis of application system problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide 24×7 on-call support through a rotational schedule
- Create and maintain application system documentation (e.g. knowledge articles) to enable Level 1 and Level 2 supportability
- Manage service request queue Monitor and fulfill business and product support requests.
- Collaborate closely with application development to understand the architecture and design and as warranted submit change requests for system improvements
- Participate in planning sessions regarding application, hardware and software changes. Actively engaged in pre- and post- implementation reviews.
- Desired to have software/application support experience including deploying, diagnosing, and debugging complex Windows .NET/IIS and SQL Server based or internet-based applications.
- 3+ years of SQL development experience, with SQL Server 2008/2012
- Minimum of 5 years or relative experience supporting or developing .NET web applications
- Demonstrated technical aptitude, strong analytical and troubleshooting competencies
- Test management (test planning, test execution, defect/issue resolution)
- Previous experience in troubleshooting application-related problems
- Experience with Help Desk support
- Must be willing to work some nights and weekend on-call support one or two weeks per month.
Additional Desirable Skills:
- ServiceNow IT Service Management and Incident Management Tools
- A history of working independently without close supervision and demonstrated time management skills.
- ITIL experience or certification
- ETL experience with SQL Server Integration Services, SSRS and SSIS package development